The 2 Worst Drugs?
The 2 Worst Drugs – NOBODY SHOULD TAKE THESE? Proton pump inhibitors and Statin
Proton pump inhibitors drugs
The currently available PPIs include:
- omeprazole (Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Zegerid)
- lansoprazole (Prevacid)
- pantoprazole (Protonix)
- rabeprazole (Aciphex)
- esomeprazole (Nexium)
- dexlansoprazole (Dexilant)
Statins, also known as HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, are a class of lipid-lowering medications that reduce illness and mortality in those who are at high risk of cardiovascular disease. They are the most common cholesterol-lowering drugs.
Side effects can vary between different statins dugs, but common side effects include:
- feeling sick.
- feeling unusually tired or physically weak.
- digestive system problems, such as constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion or farting.
- muscle pain.
- sleep problems.
- low blood platelet count.