GMO Effects on Tumor Growth
GMO Effects on Tumor Growth with Gilles-Eric Séralini, Ph.D.
Dr. Seralini is a Professor of molecular biology at the University of Caen in France. Professor Seralini’s studies on the safety of genetically modified organisms have seen the publication of over 100 scientific articles and conference papers relating to food safety. He’s concluded from these studies that it is too soon to declare GMO’s safe for human consumption.CRIIGEN is a unique international group of experts having a transdisciplinary approach on the benefits and risks of genetic engineering, and on alternatives. It is independent from biotech companies and promotes counter-analysis.
- A Molecular Biology Professor at Caen University, since 1991, France
- Researcher and teacher in charge of a team and author,
- One the very first to demand a European commercial moratorium on agricultural GMOs for further research,
- Appointed member of two governmental commissions on GMOs (the Biomolecular Engineering Commission (CGB) in charge of risk assessment, and the Biovigilance Committee assessing GMOs after they have been commercialized) in 1998.
- What is a genetically modified organism?
- What does a GMO do to food?
- Which studies have you conducted about GMOs?
- What were the results of the studies?
- What are the benefits of GMO food?
- What are the liabilities of GMO food?
- What should consumers know about GMO food?
- Other projects and programs.
Professor Gilles-Eric Seralini
Professor of Molecular Biology at the University of Caen
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Esplanade de la Paix
14032 Caen Cedex