Natural Remedies for Depression
Some of the top ways to beat depression are through diet, supplementation and lifestyle changes.
Stay away from sugars, processed grains, hydrogenated oils, packaged foods, and artificial sweeteners. Focus on healing and sealing your gut by eating the following foods:
1) Omega-3-rich foods – Salmon, grass-fed beef, chia seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, and avocado
2) Healthy saturated fats such as coconut oil
3) Nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables – Berries, green leafy vegetables and cruciferous vegetables
4) Bone Broth to heal gut lining – http://draxe.com/recipe/chicken-bone-…
1) Vitamin D3 – 5,000 IU/day or direct sunlight for 30 minutes/day
2) Magnesium – 500mg/day
4) Others include: St. Johns Wort or Ylang Ylang essential oil
Additional Support for Depression:
1) Exercise – Serotonin release can lift your mood in just 20 minutes/3 times a week.
2) Probiotic-rich foods will heal and seal your gut.
3) Address and write down your stressors as well as things that bring you joy in life. Schedule in things you love each week such as finding a good community and connecting with friends regularly.